As an increasing number of American companies locate businesses overseas, the need for knowledge of international markets and economies has become more vital. Online Global Management MBA programs include the fundamentals of business and foreign industries, institutions and politics.
What Does an MBA in Global Management Cover?
Online Global Management MBA programs prepare students for handling business on a worldwide scale, teaching students the importance of building and maintaining stable international relationships with other businesses and companies. This degree gives students the training they will need to work in foreign stock exchanges and to understand business operations of global markets. Online Global Management MBA programs include specialized studies of the cultures, environments and ethics of international business. Graduates of online Global Management MBA programs will have gained the skills to mitigate conflicts in an effective manner and work with a variety of people from a wide range of backgrounds.
Getting Into a Global Management MBA Program
Those who want to enroll in an online Global Management MBA program will need to possess a bachelor’s degree (in any major) from an accredited school. Most schools will require students to have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.0, though some schools, such as the University of Phoenix, have higher requirements. Students should also be prepared to submit the following documents along with their completed application:
- college transcript
- proof of GMAT scores
- resume detailing work experience
- essays following provided prompt
- letter of program intent
Some programs, such as the University of Phoenix’s Global Management MBA program, require that applicants be employed so that they may immediately apply their newly acquired skills to the workplace.
Why Should I Get an AACSB Accredited Global Management MBA?
Make sure that the school you select is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The AACSB is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to advancing quality management education and serves as an accreditor for undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programs in business and accounting. Many employers have hiring requirements that require employees to possess degrees from accredited institutions.
Who Should Pursue an Online Global Management MBA?
People who want to work at companies with international business should consider earning an online Global Management MBA. Students will take such courses as Global Political Economies, Cultural Studies, Global Decision Making, Global Entrepreneurship, Financial Accounting, Regional Business Environments, Financial Markets and Global Crisis Management. Other general classes include Marketing, Business Ethics, Negotiations, Business Statistics and Business Law. Many of the courses in online Global Management MBA programs are aimed at students becoming familiar with foreign investments as well as international laws, regulations, currencies and customs.
What Jobs Can an Online Global Management MBA Get Me?
- Purchasing Agent: A purchasing agent is responsible for buying goods for companies. They work with foreign and domestic buyers and sellers to make the best deal on behalf of their companies. One of the most critical roles of a purchasing agent is evaluating potential suppliers. Global management education would help agents determine whether suppliers have the capacity to meet needs. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities for purchasing agents are expected to grow 8 percent over the next several years, a rate that is about as fast as for the average occupation.
- Corporate Service Manager: A corporate service manager helps oversee general administration of a company in areas such as human resources. Their responsibilities may also include include strategic planning, monitoring the performance of other employees, building partnerships and keeping the company within its budget. Corporate service managers conduct research on strategies to enhance productivity or secure funding from partners. They often work closely with executive colleagues and can earn annual salaries of about $100,000.
- Financial Manager: A financial manager plays an important role in mergers and consolidations in global expansion and financing. These areas require extensive knowledge to reduce risks and maximize profits. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, financial managers will be needed to handle mergers, raise capital and assess global financial transactions over the next several years. The Bureau says that job opportunities will be best for those with graduate degrees and expertise in finance and marketing and that employment of financial managers is expected to increase 8 percent from 2008 to 2018, a rate that is as fast as the average for all occupations.
Top Earning Industries for Jobs
- Aerospace Manufacturing: $45,735-$66,665
- Aerospace and Defense: $49,023-$72,048
- Food Services: $72,000-$109,000
- Technology Retail: $72,000-$78,000
- Information Technology Services: $76,000-$142,000
- Manufacturing and Distribution: $58,958-$105,142
How Do I Find Online Global Management MBA Programs?
Begin with these sources:
- Search school ranking sites to find the top schools in particular niches.
- The Princeton Review offers a list of some of the best business schools in the country along with other useful information such as which programs offer the best opportunities for different types of students.