American InterContinental University seeks to provide comprehensive education to all students, providing them with a broad range of marketable skills to be applied in the job market. Consequently, AIU's online MBA in management degree program is designed to help students become proficient in all aspects of business. In their final year's capstone course, students will pursue their individual interests and learn to apply their knowledge in a practical business market.
An online Management MBA program will give you an interdisciplinary business education as well as teach you about the principles, procedures and qualities essential to effective management. It zeros in on administration, finance, accounting and marketing and how they function to support business ventures. A specific focus on managerial operations is factored into these programs as methods concerning employee supervision, record keeping and organizational structure are examined.
What Does an MBA in Management Cover?
As business operations grow and become more complex, the role of management is becoming more prominent. Essentially, it is the backbone of business function, efficiency and profitability. Given that management is the foundation on which all businesses operate, it is a discipline that is becoming an important specialization within MBA programs. Good management requires a thorough knowledge of business operations as well as developed skills in leadership, organization and communication.
You will get a similar education as you would in a traditional MBA program, but with additional curriculum pertaining to the study of management. Online Management MBA programs will do more than just prepare you to carry out duties specific to the internal operations of a company. They will help you understand the best ways to direct an organization’s activities, oversee employees and handle office procedures. By earning an online Management MBA, you will be able to demonstrate to potential employers that you are not only competent in business practices but have the abilities needed for management positions.
Most of these programs require students to complete 48 to 51 credits, which usually takes one to three years to finish depending on previous education, business course work and enrollment status. In the first part of the program, you will take core courses in business policy and strategy, organizational behavior, business ethics and law, integrative marketing strategies, financial management and business communication. These classes are meant to help you understand how the world of business operates as well as how to apply business practices within a corporate environment.
During the second half of the online Management MBA program, you will take advanced courses that focus on the role of management in business and how it is utilized to ensure all operations run smoothly. Class titles may include strategic management, business and managerial economics, management information systems, managing change, records management, business operations management and strategic human resources management.
Getting Into a Management MBA Program
Students who are interested in enrolling in a Management MBA program should possess at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited school. Those who did not earn a bachelor’s degree in business may be asked to complete several courses before applying, including:
- College Algebra
- Management Theory
A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 is typically necessary for entry into Management MBA programs. Some schools, such as Northeastern University, also require letters of recommendation, application essays and resumes. Some programs also request GMAT scores.
Who Should Pursue an Online Management MBA?
If you have a strong interest in how businesses are run behind the scenes and a desire to take on the challenges and responsibilities that come along with management positions, you should look into earning an online Management MBA degree. It will give you the educational background you need to attain a position of authority as well as help you develop the skills required to be a leader.
Why Should I Get an AACSB Accredited Management MBA?
It is important to look at online MBA management programs that are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, which approves only those that provide a quality education. If you want to receive a degree that will not only impress but also put your career on the fast track, you should get an AACSB accredited online Management MBA.
What Jobs Can an MBA Management Online Get Me?
- Management Consultant: Making up the largest occupation in the management and consulting industry, these consultants study and analyze business-related problems by synthesizing information from multiple sources and recommending solutions to various business-related problems. Solutions provided by management consultants may include overhauling a client’s computer systems, offering early retirement incentives to middle managers, evaluating and recommending switches in company health care plans, improving inventory, hiring, managing public relations and selling troublesome parts of a business. Because of the varied nature of the work involved, employers like to hire consultants from various backgrounds and many have extensive experience in other industries before entering the field.
- Sales Manager: Most sales managers work with retail companies and can be in charge of an entire region. These managers oversee sales employees and ensure that their branch is meeting the quota set by the company headquarters. Sales managers work closely with teams to ensure that customers are receiving good service and products. Many also devise ways to increase sales through promotions or advertising. In large companies, sales managers can tackle budgeting and employee reviews and training, while at smaller firms, they may conduct sales calls themselves in addition to their other responsibilities.
- General and Operations Manager: These managers are responsible for planning and coordinating the company’s operations. They work with top executives and mid-level managers to create policies, deal with day-to-day activities and plan how to structure departments. Most of these managers deal broadly with all branches of a company rather than just working in one division. This way, they can coordinate all departments to better help the company meet its goals.
Top Earning Industries for Jobs
- Information Technology Services: $71,088-$133,498
- IT Consulting: $69,976-$128,388
- Chemical Manufacturing: $66,384-$100,901
- Food Manufacturing: $60,099-$95,719
- Manufacturing and Distribution: $53,072-$94,542
- Construction: $52,060-$91,762
How Do I Find Online Management MBA Programs?
Rankings are an indicator of a high quality program and can help you identify the top online Management MBAs. Publications that compile rankings include:
- U.S. News & World Report
Online Management MBA rankings can be based on factors such as academic quality, student selectivity, student-to-faculty ratio, graduation rate and post-graduation outcome.
Other helpful tools can be found on:
- Best Biz Schools
- U.S. News and World Report’s University Directory
- National Center for Education Statistics’ College Navigator