Campus: Garland, Texas
Type: Private, Faith Based
Base Program Cost: $9,000
Per Credit Hour: $250
Minimum Credit Hours: 36
GMAT Required: No
Minimum Time Commitment: 24 months
Online Concentrations: Generalist/Electives, Management, Project Management, Strategic Leadership
On Campus Requirements: No
Throughout its history, Amberton University has designed its programs to offer working adults a learning community that can be accessed through online courses, as well as traditional in-class formats. Amberton University’s faculty and administration strive to offer students the practical knowledge and tools to excel in the business arena through its online Master of Business Administration.
Amberton University began as a Mesquite, Texas, extension of Abilene Christian University that catered to working adults. The school relocated in 1974 to Garland.
Amberton University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, one of six regional accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
The accredited online MBA program at Amberton University is geared to provide students with a firm foundation in ethical business principles. The online MBA program offers students the opportunity to pursue a general MBA or deeper expertise in management, project management, or strategic leadership. All students will explore the fundamentals of business operations within an ethical and broad-based business curriculum.
- The Master of Business Administration degree in general business imbues students with analytical and managerial skills. Students may customize their degree through electives or pursue specialization through:
- Management. This concentration prepares students to become business leaders with analytical skills and human resources competencies. The curriculum emphasizes solutions to business issues as students learn to move into middle and upper management.
- Project Management. This concentration is aimed at preparing individuals who want to successfully manage complex projects. The curriculum explores management theory and practice, while teaching students to use the tools and techniques necessary to initiate, plan, and execute corporate projects.
- Strategic Leadership. Students in this concentration will learn the skills required to manage dynamic organizations: implementation of organizational systems, change management, and resolving conflict within a framework of ethical leadership.
Amberton University’s online MBA program is built on the university’s history in distance learning. The school’s distance-learning courses have the same outcomes and expectations as the traditional face-to-face classes. Students must meet the same standards whether they are online or in a traditional lecture. Faculty members teach in both formats. All students are expected to have computer skills to participate in the online degree programs.
Though Amberton University does not require students to have an undergraduate degree in business to enroll in the 36 credit-hour online MBA program, students may have to take foundational courses.
Admissions requirements for the online Master of Business Administration at Amberton University:
- The applicant must be an English-speaking citizen of the United States (or permanent resident)
- be twenty-one years of age or older
- have earned a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a regional association of colleges and schools within the United States that reflect a baccalaureate degree.
- Full admissions information
Students that do not have an undergraduate degree in business will need to complete:
- Statistical Analysis I
- Management Processes & Information Systems
- Market Structure & Competitive Analysis
- Accounting & Finance for Managers
Prerequisite courses are not included in the base program cost of the online MBA program at Amberton University.
In order to be awarded an MBA degree from Amberton University, students must complete:
- 24 semester hours applicable to the degree must be completed at Amberton University.
- 36 semester hours for a degree, excluding prerequisites.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 is required.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Amberton University’s online MBA program has a base program cost of $25,380 ($705 per credit hour multiplied by 36 credit hours required to complete the degree.) The base program cost does not include fees, textbooks, or other charges associated with the program. The school offers financial aid counseling to graduate students. Financial aid information.
Online MBA Programs in Texas | Online MBA Programs in the United States | Schools: Online MBA Profiles | Guide: Getting Started With Your MBA | Database: Search Top Online MBA Programs | Research: MBA Concentrations | Video: One Minute MBA