Campus: Jackson, Mississippi
Type: Private, Faith Based
Base Program Cost: $21,840
Per Credit Hour: $520
Minimum Credit Hours: 42
GMAT Required: Yes
Minimum Time Commitment: 24 months
Online Concentrations: Health Administration, Human Resources, Leadership, Sports Management
On Campus Requirements: No
Belhaven University mixes professional and personal attention with the flexibility of an on-the-go online format for completing an accredited online MBA program. The online classes let the student complete classes around their work and home life.
Belhaven University has been listed among America’s 100 Best College Buys on several occasions and is named one of America’s Best Colleges by U.S. News and World Report. The online programs are both rigorous and challenging, yet a full staff of support for Belhaven University, joined by the professors, are available online for frequent interaction to provide constant personal support.
Originally founded in 1883, Belhaven University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, as well as the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
Belhaven University seeks to educate students in how to deal with the challenges associated with fluctuations and complications in a global business environment. By giving them a strong foundation of biblical principles, students that graduate with an online MBA from Belhaven University will be capable of dealing with challenges that may arise in the business world.
The courses provided by Belhaven University for their online MBA program are designed to integrate the sophistication and complexity of the academic world with the technology dependent world and the realm of Christian faith and beliefs. The end result is a graduating class of individuals with the work ethic, moral standards, and quality of education required to make a significant impact on the community and business world around them. Depending on what field of study a student wishes to concentrate on, students can voluntarily choose to add six credit hours to their program to enhance their knowledge base and better prepare them for their career.
The leadership concentration gives students a comprehensive overview of leadership topics with guidance from a team of faculty with experience in that specific field and tests their knowledge of how to deal with leadership issues that may arise.
The sports administration concentration appeals to students interested in the business of sports. Faculty with knowledge and experience in this subject assist students in understanding how to approach a management situation in the sports world.
The human resources concentration gives students a glimpse into the dynamic experience of human resources, with a heavy focus on the study and application of human resource principles and concepts. This includes addressing compensation, benefits, and employee relations.
Belhaven University provides a checklist for master of business administration applicants who wish to enroll in the online program:
- Applicants must complete the online application for admission along with a $25 application fee
- They must also submit a current resume and transcript(s). The resume should include two years of significant full-time work or military experience .
- An official Bachelor’s degree is required from a regionally accredited institution
- Up to 6 hours of credit can be transferred depending on certain qualifications
- Transcript(s) must show successful completion (a C grade or higher) of college algebra or another higher mathematics course
- Demonstrated proficiency in the English Language via a minimum of two years of successful academic work at the college or university level (in the U.S.) with a minimum score of 550 paper-based or 79 internet-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- One of the following test scores is required : GRE score of at least 145 in each section (Verbal and quantitative reasoning) . If the student’s combined credentials of the undergraduate GPA and performance on the GMAT measure at least 1200 points in accordance with this equation: (300 x UGPA) + GMAT score .
- Applicants with a bachelor’s in business and a 2.8 GPA in their last 60 hours may waive the testing requirement
- In lieu of undergraduate’s GPA, those with 9 credit hours of master level courses in a discipline comparable as well as a 3.0 GPA or higher in each course will be considered.
- Students taking online courses must meet required hardware and software standards prior to each semester start date
- Those seeking to be assessed for military credit or use veteran’s benefits must submit a copy of proper documentation (form DD214 and/or DD295)
- Conditional Admission is allowed for students who meet certain score ranges on the GMAT in combination with their GPA will also be considered
Tuition and Financial Aid
Belhaven University recently reduced their rates for online tuition costs to make it more affordable for students wishing to obtain a master’s degree online. The adjusted price per credit hour is now $520, and each course for the programs comes with a $75 resource fee, putting the total price for 36 credit hours at $21,420. A graduation audit fee will incur an additional $100 at the end of the program.
Of the students that enroll with Belhaven University, approximately 90% of them receive financial aid in some form or another. The university strives to make an online Christian education possible for every student and will do whatever possible to work with the students and their parents to come up with a viable financial solution.
In addition to accepting Federal Grants and Loans through FAFSA, Belhaven University also offers several scholarships, loans, and payment plans for students. Veterans and dependents of veterans may be eligible for benefits as well.
The following resources are available to students who take classes online:
blazenet (registration assistance), cybergate (connected to email account), email, business office, bookstore, calendars, campus life, library, class schedule.
Online MBA Programs in Mississippi | Online MBA Programs in the United States | Schools: Online MBA Profiles | Guide: Getting Started With Your MBA | Database: Search Top Online MBA Programs | Research: MBA Concentrations | Video: One Minute MBA