Campus: Irvine, California
Base Program Cost: $28,800
Per Credit Hour: $600
Minimum Credit Hours: 48
GMAT Required: No
Minimum Time Commitment: 24 months
Online Concentrations: Generalist/Electives, Accounting, Enterprise Resource Management, Entrepreneurship, E-Business Strategic Management, Finance, Health Administration, Human Resources, Info Security Management, International Business, Marketing
On Campus Requirements: No
Brandman is brand new to the online MBA marketplace. The first group of online MBA students graduated in May 2011.
Based out of Irvine, Calif., Brandman offers completely online and hybrid classes to students with 26 satellite campuses across California and Washington. Students can choose the best option for their lifestyle.
Brandman enrolls MBA students twice a year, holding six eight-week terms throughout the year. Along with full-time faculty, Brandman uses adjunct professors, many from the California professional workforce, to teach online courses.
Brandman received regional accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) in 2009.
Brandman University offers an online MBA specializations in 10 areas:
- E-Business strategic management
- Enterprise resource management
- Heath Administration
- Health Risk and Crisis Communication
- Info Security Management
- International Business
The program requires students to complete 36-48 credit hours to earn their degree. The MBA program consists of two segments: The first phase is MBA core courses, consisting of 24-26 credits, followed by a second of 12 credits in electives or degree emphasis areas.
Students must satisfy at least one of these four options to be considered for graduate admission:
- A 3.0 GPA from an accredited undergraduate program
- A GPA of 2.5 to 2.99 in an undergraduate program AND a satisfactory score on an accepted graduate admissions exam such as the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- An earned master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution
- Submission of a portfolio of evidence that shows adequate preparation for graduate studies. The portfolio will contain: writing samples that show graduate level communications and analytical skills; a detailed resume showing professional development and achievements; awards; professional recognition; letters of reference from people who can attest to the applicant’s ability to do graduate level work; and a letter of explanation detailing the reasons the student believes he or she is a good candidate for graduate study in the discipline requested. If the portfolio meets substantive approval of the reviewers, the applicant may be invited for an interview. The reviewers will forward their recommendation to the Brandman University admissions committee. The decision of the committee is final.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Online graduate tuition is $600 per credit hour. The base program cost, excluding fees, materials, or additional credits, is $28,800.
Brandman participates in a variety of student loan programs from federal and private sources. Federal loan programs are options for U.S. citizens and legal residents. Private education loan programs are options for all applicants, including international students. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid and the Financial Aid Data forms are required to determine eligibility.
Online MBA Programs in California | Online MBA Programs in the United States | Schools: Online MBA Profiles | Guide: Getting Started With Your MBA | Database: Search Top Online MBA Programs | Research: MBA Concentrations | Video: One Minute MBA