Campus: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Total Enrollment: 38,802 (8,722 undergraduate)
Minimum Credit Hours: 48
GMAT Required: No
Minimum Time Commitment: 24 months
Online Concentrations: Generalist/Electives, Accounting, Business Intelligence, Entrepreneurship, Global Operations and Supply Chain Management, Health Care Management, Human Resource Management, Information Technology Management, Marketing, Project Management
On Campus Requirements: No
School Site: Online MBA Overview
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. Right now, more than 36,000 students are expanding their opportunities with Capella programs. Speak with an enrollment counselor at 1.866.679.9687.
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The Higher Learning Commission is among the 6 regional accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Capella offers the following MBA options:
- MBA: Accounting
- MBA: Accounting CPA Pathway
- MBA: Business Intelligence
- MBA: Entrepreneurship
- MBA: Finance
- MBA: General Business Administration
- MBA: Global Operations and Supply Chain Management
- MBA: Health Care Management
- MBA: Human Resource Management
- MBA: Information Technology Management
- MBA: Marketing
- MBA: MSN-to-MBA Option
- MBA: Project Management
These versatile programs give students a strong foundation in general business practices through courses such as Operations and Process Management, Marketing and Brand Management, Strategy, Financial Management, and Professional Effectiveness: Stretch, Impact, Reposition. In addition to core courses, students will be required to complete classes specific to their chosen specialization. These MBA programs are taught by qualified faculty members who are also successful business professionals, so that instruction comes from a combination of academic expertise and real world experience. Capella MBA graduates leave prepared for management positions in business functions such as finance, accounting, marketing and human resources.
An online education from Capella gives students the ability to complete school on their own time and the flexibility to set their own schedules. However, students still must be able to keep up with their class work and meet deadlines, with most courses in the MBA programs lasting 12 weeks. Students at Capella typically spend about 13 hours each week on each course, although specific amounts of time may fluctuate from five to 20 hours based on enrolled number of credit hours, specific program, previous knowledge and learning pace. As of fall 2014, more than 75 percent of those enrolled at Capella were graduate students. Of those, 96 percent were enrolled part time and 4 percent full time, according to College Navigator.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements. For more information, refer to your program details, email, or call your enrollment counselor at 1.866.679.9687.
Basic requirements for all programs:
• Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
• Acknowledgement agreement
• All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
• Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
• Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
• Doctoral students must have a master’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
• Master’s students must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
• Bachelor’s students must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be least 24 years old (may be waived for military applicants, veterans, and those with at least 24 quarter credits of prior college/university coursework)
• Non-degree students must meet the minimum education requirements determined by the degree level of the course registration
Why Capella University?
Why Choose Capella?
Recognized. Respected. Accredited.
• Capella is an accredited and nationally recognized university. Accreditation is an important credential because it is an assurance to you and the public that an institution meets or exceeds standards for quality of faculty, curriculum, student services, and fiscal stability.
Flexible Online Programs and Support
• Learning on the go – Capella is everywhere you are, and our online classrooms and support ensure you can work on your courses at a time and place that fits your life.
• Learning you can see – In addition to grades and ongoing feedback from your instructors, you also will be able to visualize your progress toward your Capella degree. Use our one-of-a-kind competency maps to know where you stand after each assignment and see where you might need extra help in your courses.
A Smarter Investment
• We believe your higher education should be affordable. You may save time and money without sacrificing quality, with grants, transfer credits, tuition discounts, and more.
Ready to go further?
Speak with a Capella University enrollment counselor at 1.866.679.9687 to get started.
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org) has accredited Capella University business programs and select specializations. For full accreditation statement and the list of accredited programs and specializations, go to www.capella.edu/university-accreditation.
Online MBA Programs in Minnesota | Online MBA Programs in the United States | Schools: Online MBA Profiles | Guide: Getting Started With Your MBA | Database: Search Top Online MBA Programs | Research: MBA Concentrations | Video: One Minute MBA