Campus: Mequon, Wisconsin
Type: Private, Faith Based
Base Program Cost: $23,010
Per Credit Hour: $590
Minimum Credit Hours: 39
GMAT Required: No
Minimum Time Commitment: 24 months
Online Concentrations: Corporate Communication, Environmental Studies, Health Care Administration, International Business, Management Information Systems, Public Administration, Finance, Human Resource Management, Management, Marketing Risk Management
On Campus Requirements: No
Concordia University Wisconsin is dedicated to providing students with an education that integrates faith and learning. Known as a premier Lutheran Christian university, Concordia University Wisconsin is committed to graduating students with a heart for servant leadership and responsibilities in the Church and communities around the world. The staff and faculty at Concordia University Wisconsin strive to live in accordance with these core values:
• Truth and Integrity
In addition to these values, Concordia University Wisconsin maintains a goal of growth and development in faith, academic excellence, and professional competency to prepare students for their careers. The students at Concordia University Wisconsin are marked by Christ-like service and leadership, and are constantly evaluated in a “culture of assessment” environment. Processes, programs, and people are held accountable to the standard of excellence set by the school’s mission.
The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools accredits Concordia University Wisconsin and the business programs (including the MBA) are fully accredited through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
Concordia University Wisconsin caters to the working adult student with the structure and design of their MBA program. Taking the entire program online, the MBA offers accelerated on-site courses, videoconferencing, and independent E-Learning courses for the online students. In preparation for the administrative and ethical challenges associated with the current global business environment, students will be taught to communicate professionally, think critically, and rely on strong Christian principles as the foundation for their work ethic.
Depending on what career the student has in mind, the MBA program has 11 potential concentrations:
• Corporate Communication
• Environmental Studies
• Health Care Administration
• International Business
• Management Information Systems
• Public Administration
• Human Resource Management
• Risk Management
A total of 39 credits are required for the MBA program: 24 core courses and 15 of the specified concentration.
The admission process for applying to Concordia University is fairly simple:
• Complete the online application and submit with a non-refundable $50 application fee online
• Submit a one page essay explaining why you wish to enroll in the MBA graduate program
• Send in a complete, updated resume detailing your work experience relevant to business
• Obtain two recommendations that are professional or academic in nature utilizing the recommendation form or a letter on a letterhead and submit them as well
• Transcripts (official) from all previous higher level education institutions must be sent in from the college office directly to Concordia University Wisconsin
• Any graduate level classes you wish to have evaluated for possible transfer must also have their transcripts submitted
• The GRE and GMAT are not required for admission
Tuition and Financial Aid
Graduate programs such as the online MBA cost $590 per credit hour. Given the fact that the MBA program requires 39 credits for completion, the total base cost of the degree is $23,010. Additional fees include an application fee of $50, a technology fee of $60 for full-time students and $30 for part-time students (per semester), and a graduation fee of $50. Late drop fee is $50 and late registration fee is $45 for the MBA program specifically.
There are several options for financial aid specifically for graduate-degree pursuing students (the online FAFSA must be completed in order to receive financial aid).
• The Federal Direct Stafford Student Loan Program gives students the ability to borrow loans that are federally ensured through Concordia University.
• Graduate Assistant position (which opens periodically within the Graduate Office) gives the student the chance to work in a variety of ways to pay for schooling.
• Veterans Educational Assistance is also available to veterans or children of veterans depending on what their local V.A. office determines about their status.
• E-Learning is financial aid that includes tuition and $315 per class for books.
• CUW works with employers to aid students with tuition reimbursement through their Employer Tuition Reimbursement program.
Students obtaining an MBA online from Concordia University Wisconsin have access to a special resource to assist them in the online degree process. Smarthinking Online Tutoring gives students academic support if they need tutoring for certain classes. Real-time chat with e-structors in specialized disciplines, pre-arranged chat appointments for a variety of subject areas, submission of questions related to course-work, and access to the electronic library of academic resources are all part of what is offered through Smarthinking.
In addition, online students can submit written materials for consultation via the Online Writing Lab.
Online MBA Programs in Wisconsin | Online MBA Programs in the United States | Schools: Online MBA Profiles | Guide: Getting Started With Your MBA | Database: Search Top Online MBA Programs | Research: MBA Concentrations | Video: One Minute MBA