Campus: Southfield, Michigan
Accreditation: IACBE / ACBSP
Base Program Cost: $34,920
Per Credit Hour: $970
Minimum Credit Hours: 36
GMAT Required: Yes
Minimum Time Commitment: 24 months
Online Concentrations: Nonprofit Management, Project Management
Campus Requirements: No
The faculty and staff at Lawrence Technological University are dedicated to the vision of the university “to be a preeminent university producing leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit and global view”. Lawrence Technological University recognizes the values of theory and practice, teamwork and trust, and character and integrity, as well as how they all relate to each other. The mission of the university is to develop leaders through programs that are both agile and innovative, that embrace theory and practice.
Lawrence Technological University has received high marks for its leadership role in the education of engineers, scientists, architects, and managers.
Lawrence Technological University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education gave LTU specialized accreditation for its businesses programs, including its online MBA Degree.
Created with the mindset of helping working professionals obtain a Master’s degree, the online MBA program from Lawrence Technological University can be completed entirely online in as little as two years. Students or business professionals seeking to advance their careers and attain upper-level management positions will find the MBA program at Lawrence Tech quite suitable to their needs. The 36-credit hour curriculum is based on the foundational belief of combining theory with practice to give students the preparation to not only handle their careers in business, but to succeed and rise above their own expectations.
Lawrence Technological University offers two different concentrations for the online MBA program, project management and non-profit management, with 27 hours of core course-work and 9 hours of electives. One of the primary incentives for an online MBA through LTU is that the university is a top business school in southeast Michigan. Because the degree program can be completed online, students find that Lawrence Technological University online MBA is adaptable, yet effective in meeting their academic goals and needs.
Lawrence Technological University seeks to help all interested students complete their Master’s degree plans through their online MBA program and accepts applications on a rolling basis as the first step in that process. The following are requirements for students to be considered for admission to the online MBA program:
• Hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college
• Undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA) must be 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
• For those who have been admitted to a master level program prior to applying at LTU, the GMAT is not required
• GMAT scores are also not required for bachelor’s degree-holding applicants who had a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Those with a lower GPA may be required to submit acceptable GMAT scores
• If English is not the primary language, the applicant will be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS and submit their scores meeting minimum requirements
• A completed application form and fee must be submitted along with a professional resume
If an applicant has exceptional merit but doesn’t meet all of the requirements listed above, they may be accepted under special circumstances. These exceptions will be determined by the Admissions Committee. In some cases, a student may be able to transfer credit from prior graduate level work that they have completed prior to applying at Lawrence Technological University.
Tuition and Financial Aid
The base program cost of an online MBA at LTU is $34,920. Management classes are $970 per credit hour, according to Lawrence Technological University’s 2012-2013 tuition schedule. This does not include the extra fees associated with online classes, registration, late fees, transcript submission, graduation costs, etc.
To help assist students with the cost of tuition, Lawrence Technological University has provided several outlets for financial aid.
• Grants: unlike student loans, federal and state grants do not have to be repaid. These grants include the Federal Pell Grant, The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), the Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant, the Michigan Tuition Grant, Michigan Competitive Scholarship, and the Michigan Tuition Incentive Program (TIP)
• Scholarships: similar to grants, this form of financial aid also does not have to be paid back. LTU offers four scholarship resources for students’ consideration: the New and Transfer Student scholarship application, Current Student scholarship application, a list of Private Scholarships available from outside organizations, and a website resource for finding State Programs offering scholarships
• Work-Study: Those who have the time available may be eligible for a work-study program offered by LTU to work in return for financial credit with the institution
• Loans: LTU lists several available loans for students to aid in the payment process for tuition. Be aware however that these do have to be paid back over time.
• Military: this kind of aid includes Federal Benefits for Veterans, National Guard Benefits, and Air Force ROTC benefits. Students must check with their office to see if they are eligible to receive financial aid through their branch of the military.
IT Quicklinks is the tab that provides the primary resource for online college students enrolled at Lawrence Technological University. From the webpage, students can access the eHelp navigational page and the help desk for FAQ’s and additional information about the online learning software, they can login to Blackboard and BannerWeb, access their email through Webmail by Google Login, and check the Calendar of Reservation and Events (CORE).
Online MBA Programs in Michigan | Online MBA Programs in the United States | Schools: Online MBA Profiles | Guide: Getting Started With Your MBA | Database: Search Top Online MBA Programs | Research: MBA Concentrations | Video: One Minute MBA