Campus: Longview, Texas
Type: Private, Faith Based
Base Program Cost: $22,400
Per Credit Hour: $640
Minimum Credit Hours: 35
GMAT Required: No
Minimum Time Commitment: 24 months
Online Concentrations: Generalist/Electives
On Campus Requirements: No
Marked by its interdenominational and evangelical Christian beliefs, LeTourneau University caters to nearly 3,000 students and more than 20,000 alumni through their educational programs. The university has a wide range of degrees, both on-campus and online, including programs in engineering, the liberal arts, education, technology, business, aeronautical science, and the sciences. They also offer several master’s degrees in the same categories, with some of them offered fully online like the Master of Business Administration.
Founded on Christian principles, LeTourneau University considers the workplace a mission and strives to instill this mindset in the students through academic programs that encourage faith-based learning and a worldview that centers on Christ. When combined with the small classroom size, outstanding faculty, and hands-on learning experiences, the result is a body of students well prepared to take on the challenges of an ever-changing business environment.
LeTourneau has received accreditation from six different organizations in honor of their academics, faculty, programs, student achievements, and more. The following organizations have awarded LETU with accreditation: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) and the Technology Accreditation Commission (TAC) of ABET, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the Texas State Board For Educator Certification (SPEC), the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
Business students who love their career but desire to take it to the next level may find exactly what they’re looking for in a Master of Business Administration degree program through LeTourneau University. The flexibility of the online format gives working adults the opportunity to pursue their higher educational goals while still working in their current careers. The affordability of the degree and the basis of Christian principles gives MBA graduates the edge over competition in the business world.
The online Master of Business Administration program at LETU is structured with 35 credit hours divided into 15 courses that can feasibly be completed over the course of two years. The areas of study include the fundamentals of leadership, management policies, market evaluation, organization, communication techniques, and integrating work and faith.
The admissions committee accepts applicants based on their academic qualifications: previous academic records, professional and management work experience, interpersonal communication skills, writing ability, and the likelihood of student success at the graduate level. Keeping this in mind, the following steps are required for the admissions process:
• Applicants must complete and submit an application to the program (valid for a year)
• Official transcripts must be sent from the college that the student obtained a Bachelor’s degree from directly to LeTourneau University’s admissions office.
• In most cases, the applicant is required to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
• Applicants must submit a two-page essay discussing a challenging professional situation that was addressed and overcome by the applicant’s strengths and expertise, and what they learned in the process. It should detail exactly how the instance shaped their thinking, behavior, and goals.
• All applicants should adhere to the Christian mission of LeTourneau and sign a behavioral expectations agreement in conjunction with the standards of the university
• If an applicant doesn’t meet the minimum GPA standard, they should include a resume that describes relevant work experience
• GMAT or GRE scores are only required in certain cases
• The admissions committee may request an interview for some applicants depending on the nature of the submitted application
Tuition and Financial Aid
LeTourneau University charges $640 per credit hour for the Master of Business Administration courses. For the entire MBA program, 35 credit hours means the base cost is $22,400. Additional fees for transcript processing, application cost, etc, may apply.
LeTourneau accepts financial aid in the following formats:
• Federal Pell Grant: does not have to be repaid like a loan does. Pell Grants are considered the foundation or starting point for other aid types, since they are added to the Pell Grant amount. The amount awarded to a student is determined by the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and is based on the student’s enrollment status
• Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG): a program designed to assist undergraduate students
• Federal Teach Grant: awarded to those pursuing higher education in teaching degrees
• Texas Tuition Equalization Grant Program (TEG): for Texas Residents attending LeTourneau for their undergraduate degree
• Direct Stafford Loans: although this amount does have to be paid back eventually, the interest rates on the subsidized and unsubsidized Stafford Loans are available to assist eligible students attending LETU
• Direct Plus Loans: Specifically designed for Graduate and Professional degree seeking students, this loan program will loan the cost of attendance minus other financial aid.
LetuMyDegree.com is a website specifically designed to help online degree-obtaining students by providing an online style guide, tutorials, and information on class attendance, student expectations, and more. The site gives students access to tools that help with their learning and study skills. They can begin using the Blackboard Learning System and prepare for their first online class session. LetuMyDegree.com also provides information about LeTourneau University, new student orientation, and access to the library and learning resources for the university.
Online MBA Programs in Texas | Online MBA Programs in the United States | Schools: Online MBA Profiles | Guide: Getting Started With Your MBA | Database: Search Top Online MBA Programs | Research: MBA Concentrations | Video: One Minute MBA