Campus: Lebanon, Illinois
Base Program Cost: $15,300
Per Credit Hour: $425
Minimum Credit Hours: 36
GMAT Required: No
Minimum Time Commitment: 18 months
Online Concentrations: Generalist/Electives
On Campus Requirements: No
If you are looking for a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in an environment that incorporates faculty and students in a process that cultivates and develops team building skills and problem solving techniques, McKendree University is the place to be.
MCK recognizes and understands the need adults have to be employed while pursuing a Master’s degree and on this basis, the MBA program is designed around that fact. For this purpose, their MBA program can be completed entirely online.
The MBA program caters to the students who seek a broad understanding of general business operations and functions but not interested in a specific, concentrated field of study.
Originally called “Lebanon Seminary”, McKendree University was founded in 1828 and is currently the oldest college in Illinois. The prominent school was officially dubbed “McKendree University” in July of 2007. MCK is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and the MBA program itself is recognized and accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE),
Each of the 12 courses for the MBA that McKendree University offers is completed over the course of an eight week period. The courses are designed to provide a working knowledge of all things related to the professional business world, including effective interpersonal relationship skills, proven leadership abilities, and successful communication techniques. Problem-solving and business analysis are two of the primary focuses of the program.
The MBA program is designed however with the assumption that students entering the program have already received an undergraduate degree in business from a regionally accredited university or college. They do allow students with other degree backgrounds to enter the program, but they may be required to take the prerequisite classes outlined by MCK to give them the necessary foundation in business prior to taking the MBA course work.
Based on each student’s needs and pace, the 36 hours of course work can be completed in as little as 18 months, or extended over a longer period of time. Group projects and work, written assignments, and oral presentations are all included in the MBA courses to provide students with the optimal education experience even while completing the degree online.
McKendree University opens its doors to any student holding a baccalaureate degree (from any regionally accredited school) without discrimination to gender, race, nationality, disability, or religion. Required documentation and components includes the following for admission:
• Free Graduate Admission Application completed
• Student’s official college/university transcripts (those actually mailed from one institution to another).
• On a 4.0 scale, most students will require a minimum of a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA). Those with a lower GPA may be admitted under certain conditions
• Current vita or resume
• An essay detailing the professional and personal goals of the student following the completion of the MBA program
• Three professional references complete with name and contact information
• Certain applicants might be asked to participate in an in-person interview so MCK can evaluate graduate studies readiness
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition per credit hour for the MBA courses is $425. The base program cost of the online program is approximately $15,300, excluding fees, textbooks or course materials, and the cost of additional credit hours.
McKendree utilizes Federal Direct Loans as part of their financial aid offer. According to MCK’s website, these loans are available in the maximum amount of $20,500 ($8,500 subsidized, if eligible and $12,000 unsubsidized). Although the maximum Federal Direct Loans can be as much as $20,500, they cannot exceed the total Cost of Attendance (COA) set by the student’s enrollment status.
A student must be enrolled for at least 5 credit hours in order to apply for Federal Direct Loans and a minimum of 5 hours must be graduate coursework for the specific degree being pursued. All paperwork related to financial aid is processed through Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). MCK has partnered with Tuition Management System (TMS) to provide a means of an interest free-payment plan.
For the online studies, McKendree provides several resources:
• An online study-readiness quiz and a technology skill assessment test
• Troubleshooting information to ensure your computer is capable of cooperating with the online systems on the website
• A comprehensive Information Technology help-resource on the website
• An Academic Support Center free of charge and available to all students
• A Writing Center where students, faculty, and staff can receive writing help, with a virtual meeting room for online students
• Holman Library with an assistant available on chat during normal business hours. The library provides eBooks, eJournals, and many other online resources for the distance learner.
Online MBA Programs in Illinois | Online MBA Programs in the United States | Schools: Online MBA Profiles | Guide: Getting Started With Your MBA | Database: Search Top Online MBA Programs | Research: MBA Concentrations | Video: One Minute MBA