Campus: Athens, Ohio
Base Program Cost: $39,117
Per Credit Hour: $1,003
Minimum Credit Hours: 39
GMAT Required: No
Minimum Time Commitment: 24 months
Online Concentrations: Finance, Healthcare, and Executive Management
On Campus Requirement: No
The Ohio University Professional MBA program is an intensive 24-month master’s degree designed for professionals who have at least three years of full-time work experience under their belt and wish to further their education. The Ohio University MBA requires an average of time commitment of around 20 to 25 hours each week and adapts well to a working professional’s schedule. The most successful Ohio University MBA students typically have some experience or familiarity with quantitative courses, such as calculus and statistics, in their college career or working life.
Ohio University’s online MBA program has been awarded accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). AACSB International accredits the most well-respected, prestigious business schools in the country. In fact, fewer than 15 percent of colleges teaching business management education have achieved AACSB International’s required standards and expectations for accreditation. This honors ensures students will experience success and evolvement with their Ohio University MBA degree.
Ohio University’s online MBA program employs the use of virtual classrooms and online learning modules. With online classes, students have the ability to pace their studies and balance their work and personal commitments. The online degree typically takes an average of five semesters to complete and includes concentration options like Finance, Healthcare, and Executive Management.
To be considered for admission, students must meet a number of requirements, including:
- $50 application fee
- Official transcript from all institutions of higher education attended
- Professional statement that includes professional plans, accomplishments, career goals/objectives, and the value of the MBA degree in achieving career goals.
- Personal statement that includes a brief autobiography and describes strengths, qualities, and attributes applicant will bring to the MBA program.
- Professional resume that includes length of professional experience, leadership experience, management skills, and potential for growth
- Three letters of recommendation. One letter needs to be provided by a supervisor, and the other two can be written by employers, colleagues, or individuals who have worked with you on a project.
Tuition and Financial Aid
The total program cost for the MBA degree is $39,117, which is payable in six installments over the duration of the program. There are several financial aid options available to students at Ohio University, including federal government loans, state government loans, educational institution loans, and private entities grants/loans. Approximately two-thirds of Ohio University students receive some form of financial aid.