Skip to: Navigation | Content | Sidebar | Footer

Overview

Texas Woman’s University

Campus: 5 Texas Locations

Type: Public

Accreditation: ACBSP

Base Program Cost: $24,012

Per Credit Hour: $567.84

Minimum Credit Hours: 36

GMAT Required: No

Time Commitment: 15 months

On Campus Requirements: Yes

School Site: Overview | Tuition | Financial Aid

Note: The executive MBA program at Texas Woman’s University is hybrid. It requires online and on-campus studies.

Introduction

A Texas legislative act in 1901 led to the establishment of Texas Woman’s University. Originally operating as the Girls Industrial College, the school opened its doors in 1903. In 1957 the school officially became Texas Woman’s and has continued to operate as an independent public university in Texas ever since. In 1972, men were granted admission into the health science graduate school and in 1994 men were allowed to attend all programs offered by the university. The primary campuses are in Denton, Dallas, and Houston but there are also classes offered in Plano and Ft. Worth.

Though the University started as a very small college, it is now one largest campuses primarily for women in the United States. The goal of Texas Woman’s is to provide all students with an education that will help them grow personally and professionally. Students are prepared for leadership and service through high quality programs that will ignite the best potential in them.

Accreditation

Texas Woman’s University has received its accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The business school is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).

Academics

Texas Woman’s offers students a chance to earn their Executive MBA through a hybrid program. This program will allow students to take 51% of their program online and then they will have to visit one of the school’s locations to finish the other 49%. Students that choose this program will only have three Saturday classes to attend per course. Students may take their classes in Ft. Worth, Plano, Houston, or Denton. The program will also allow students to take a study tour, which are elective classes that can be taken in various countries like Mexico, Ireland, and Asia to name a few.

Through distance learning at Texas Woman’s, students will participate in interactive curriculums to make sure that the material is understood. Throughout the 36 credit hour program, students will be paired with an academic advisor that will help them schedule the classes that they need and keep them on track to graduate. Upon completion of the program, students will finalize their degree with a capstone class. This class is designed to pull information in from all previous classes and tests each student’s retention of information.

Admission

The requirements for applying to Texas Woman’s University’s online Executive MBA program include:
• Completion of the graduate school application
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
• Undergraduate transcripts
• Resume
• Minimum GPA 3.0
• Five years work experience
• Two letters of recommendation
• $50 application fee

Tuition and Financial Aid

A base level online Executive MBA from Texas Woman’s will cost students $24,012. This price is calculated at $567.84 per credit for 36 credit hours and additional fees of up to $300 per course that is taken. Tuition for Texas residents will be less expensive. There may also be additional campus fees that each student will be expected to pay.

School Resources

Students of Texas Woman’s University use Blackboard for all of their communication needs. The school offers students technical support for all of their technology and blackboard needs. In 2012 the school was also able to launch a mobile portal to allow students easier access to their materials when they are on the go.