Campus: New Castle, Delaware
Base Program Cost: $14,904
Per Credit Hour: $414
Minimum Credit Hours: 36
GMAT Required: No
Minimum Time Commitment: 24 months
Online Concentrations: Accounting, Environmental Stewardship, Finance, Health Care Administration, Homeland Security, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Organizational Leadership
On Campus Requirements: No
Combining flexibility with rigor, Wilmington University brings you the best of both worlds with a comprehensive Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program. Wilmington University program aims to give students the skills they will need in a global and professional business environment.
Designed for the working-students, courses are made available both in traditional classroom format as well as online. Wilmington University allows students to choose between 8 specialized concentrations and gives students the choice of a 7-week block schedule, a 15-week semester, weekend modular, and a hybrid course.
Wilmington University seeks to cultivate a diverse group of learners who practice good ethics, have a vast working knowledge, can adapt well to changes, who are successful and confident in their lives and chosen careers. They have a commitment to academics, curriculum relevancy, attention to individuals, and providing an educational foundation built on strong conceptual frameworks that adapt to the global environment changes. Diversity is strongly encouraged in this institution as they recognize the increased potential for creativity and vision from different perspectives.
Not only is the Wilmington University’s College of Business accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), but the College of Business is also an institutional member of the IACBE. Wilmington University’s MBA program is also specifically accredited by the IACBE.
The MBA program offered by Wilmington University includes the following elements for each specialized field of study:
• Oral Communication – including research, preparation, speaking style, and professional presentations
• Written Communication – writing technique, appropriate use of grammar and English, mechanics, punctuation, etc. APA format taught for scholarly writing
• Disciplined Inquiry – problem solving through quantitative, qualitative, and scientific reasoning; exercising critical thinking strategies, analysis evaluation, reasoning; defining an issue, developing questions to answer and address the problem
• Informational Literacy – how to access, use, and evaluate information in appropriate, efficient, and effective ways. Determine the reliability of resources and content, and utilize technology to effectively identify and communicate that information
• Ethics – Demonstrate a working knowledge and application of suggested ethics and behaviors correlating to the profession
• Professional – using wise financial management principles, economics, and marketing techniques for the modern age to ensure the optimal function and secure the future of a business; prepare strategic plans to examine both internal and external influences from the environment and come up with feasible, creative alternatives; articulate personal values and goals to define professional behavior.
Although Wilmington University is structured to allow students to study and complete courses on their own time and schedule, the MBA program ensures students will receive the full spectrum of information and education related to the modern business world. One of the goals of the program is to give students a thorough understanding of the complicated relationships of different organizational functions of finance, marketing, economics, operations, and management, and how all those elements work in conjunction on a global basis.
Another option Wilmington University offers that might differ from other MBA programs is the ability to apply graduate-level professional certification to corresponding college courses for additional or replacement credit. Examples of these certifications include Six Sigma Green or Black Belt, Senior Professional HR Manager, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Production and Inventory Manager, and Certified Financial Planner.
Although Wilmington University is open admissions to everyone who is interested, potential students must meet the following conditions to qualify for enrollment:
• Applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• Submit the WilmU application for graduate admission and include the non-refundable fee of $35.
• Official transcript(s) must be sent from the degree-granting institution to verify completion of a bachelor’s degree to WilmU
• Every student is required to schedule a Program Planning Conference or attend a degree specific orientation
• Complete a writing assessment for academic writing and if they do not meet Wilmington University’s minimum standard, they will be required and expected to complete a remedial class on the subject.
• Additional requirements may apply for international students
Tuition and Financial Aid
Online and distance learning cost per credit is $414, coming to a base program cost of $14,904. Additional fees may apply depending on the specific course, prerequisite credits, or course materials.
In addition to accepting financial aid through the Federal Grants via the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) program, Wilmington University also offers a variety of financial aid options in the form of scholarships.
Scholarships through Wilmington University are granted for the following reviews: students with at least a 3.0 GPA, two letters of recommendation, a scholarship essay, community service and involvement in school activities, official high school transcript, official college transcript, and completed scholarship application. WilmU receives funding for their scholarships from the Annual Fund, including donations from alumni, businesses, and friends of the University. Fundraisers also help collect the necessary money for scholarships.
Wilmington University provides free online tutoring for distance learning students that allows you to interact with a tutor online; submit writing assignments for any class to the Online Writing Lab; submit a question online and receive a tutor’s reply within 24-48 hours; receive tutoring in Math, Statistics, Science, Business, Writing, and more.
Online MBA Programs in Delaware | Online MBA Programs in the United States | Schools: Online MBA Profiles | Guide: Getting Started With Your MBA | Database: Search Top Online MBA Programs | Research: MBA Concentrations | Video: One Minute MBA