Are you ready to discover your college program?
Drexel University Online MBA Programs
Founded in 1891, Drexel University features three campuses in Philadelphia, including a main 74-acre campus close to downtown. In 1914, the school offered its first bachelor's degree program, later adding master's programs in 1927 and doctorates in 1965. Known for its academic technologies and experiential learning programs, Drexel introduced one of the first co-op education programs in the country. The school now offers more than 200 programs, including over 120 at the graduate level, many of which incorporate experiential learning.
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Receiving Financial Aid: 65%
- School Type: Private
- Student-To-Faculty Ratio: 11:1
- Online Student Population: 4,669
- Master of Business Administration
- MS in Business Analytics
- MS in Communication
- MS in Software Engineering
- MS in Computer Science
Over the years, Drexel has graduated some very prominent professionals. Grammy-nominated music producer Howard Benson; Oscar-nominated director Susan Siedelman; and internet pioneer Paul Baran represent just a few of the notable names who earned degrees from the school.
About Philadelphia, PA
As one of the largest metropolitan centers in the nation, Philadelphia offers a unique blend of history and innovation. Drexel is located in University City, a region of Philadelphia that hosts six universities and many restaurants and shops. In addition to the food scene, the city boasts a strong arts and culture movement, with Drexel students living among skyscrapers, major organizations, and dynamic start-ups.
At Drexel, online students can pursue many different MBA program options, including majors and minors, dual-degree programs, and part-time and full-time schedules. Online students can concentrate in one of several disciplines, such as business analytics, finance, and marketing. On-campus students can concentrate in additional areas, like supply chain management, real estate management and development, and strategic technology and innovation management.
- Undergraduate Graduation Rate: 69.4%
- Undergraduate Retention Rate: 83.9%
- Format: Hybrid
- Instruction Style: Asynchronous
Online MBA Facts
- Online MBA Programmatic Accreditation: AACSB
- Online MBA Credit Requirements: 49
- Online MBA Program Length: 18 months to 5 years
Online MBA Concentrations
In addition to many different programs, Drexel students can access more than 350 student clubs and organizations, along with over 30 Greek-letter fraternities and sororities. These groups provide members with student engagement opportunities and extracurricular experiences. For aspiring business professionals, Drexel offers clubs related to specific disciplines and careers, enabling students to interact with like-minded peers who share similar career goals.
- Total Enrollment: 24,634
- Undergrad Enrollment: 15,724
- Graduate Enrollment: 8,910
- Athletic Association: NCAA Division I
- Female: 50%
- Male: 50%
- Undergraduates: 15,724
- Graduates: 8,910
- Total Students: 24,634
Online Clubs and Organizations
- American Marketing Association Drexel
- Beta Alpha Psi International Honor Organization
- Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society
- Drexel Economics Society
- Drexel Sales Club
Online MBA applicants need a bachelor's degree in any discipline with a minimum 3.0 GPA. In addition to standardized test scores, each candidate must also submit two professional letters of recommendation, a resume, and a personal statement.
Online MBA Admission
- GPA: 3.0 minimum
- GMAT Required for Online MBA: Yes
- Minimum Standardized Test Scores: GMAT: 570 or GRE: 153 in both verbal and quantitative reasoning (or 1170 on the older test)
- MBA Acceptance Rate: 94%
- Online MBA Application Deadline: Summer -- June 10; Fall -- September 20
- Online MBA Application Fee: $65
Transfer Student Admission
- GPA: 3.0 minimum
- Maximum Transferable Credits: 16
International Student Admission
- GPA: 3.0 minimum
- TOEFL Required for Online MBA: Yes
- Minimum TOEFL Test Score: Paper -- 600; Computer -- 90
- Application Fee: $65
Cost & Financial Aid
Tuition rates vary depending on the program pathway and schedule, such as accelerated, part time, or full time. In addition to tuition rates, learners pay a general fee. Most Drexel students receive financial aid covering most of their tuition costs. Over 67% of MBA students received grants covering 21% of their tuition costs.
- MBA Cost per Credit: Full-time -- $1,306
Part-time -- $1,151
- MBA Students Receiving Financial Aid: 82%
Net Price Calculator
Use this calculator to make an early estimate of your total annual cost of attending Drexel. It is designed to estimate costs and eligibility for financial aid.
ROMBA Scholarship ($20,000)
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Drexel University located?
Drexel University is located in the University City area of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
How many students attend Drexel University?
Drexel enrolls 24,190 students, including 15,498 undergraduate students, 8,692 graduate students, and 4,669 online students.
What is Drexel University known for?
Drexel University is known for its cooperative education program, which allows students to gain professional experience while earning their degree.
When was Drexel University founded?
The Drexel Institute of Art, Science and Industry was founded in 1891. The institute became known as Drexel University in 1970.
Search Programs by Concentration
View schools and degrees from across the country.
Find the right program to advance your career.