Are you ready to discover your college program?
A private university founded in 1932, Southern New Hampshire University hosts students on its 300-acre campus in Manchester and online. SNHU enrolls over 90,000 online learners, making it one of the largest online universities in the country.
At SNHU, online and on-campus students can pursue a variety of undergraduate and graduate degrees. The School of Business offers 15 undergraduate majors, nine graduate degrees, and a doctoral program, plus many certificate options. Southern New Hampshire University holds accreditation from the New England Commission of Higher Education.
- Location: Manchester, NH
- Recieving Financial Aid: 75%
- School Type: Private
- Student-To-Faculty Ratio: 24:1
- Online Student Population: 104,068
#3 Top Online MBA Programs in New Hampshire
#7 Top Online MBA Programs in Environmental Management
#10 Top Online MBA Programs in Operations Management
#25 Top Online MBA Programs in Project Management
#4 Top Online MBA Programs in Public Administration
#10 Top Online MBA Programs in Sports Management
- Accounting and Finance
- Liberal Arts
Southern New Hampshire University boasts many notable alumni, such as Elaine Duke, a former United States Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security; Samia Suluhu, Vice President of Tanzania; and U.S. Senator Marc Pacheco.
About Manchester, NH
Located in the southern part of the state, Manchester is one of the most-populated cities in northern New England. The Merrimack River runs through part of the city. The city was named after Manchester, England, with the intent to develop the area into a great industrial metropolis. Today, Manchester offers high affordability, and many small businesses find success in the city's economic landscape. Manchester was ranked by Forbes as an affordable place to live and one of the most educated cities in America.
The online MBA program at SNHU offers 20 concentrations in areas like music business, sustainability and environmental compliance, and business intelligence. Online learners can complete the program in as little as 15 months through a flexible, fully online format.
- Graduation Rate: 54%
- Retention Rate: 68%
- Format: Online
- Instruction Style: Asynchronous
Online MBA Facts
- Online MBA Programmatic: ACBSP
- Online MBA Credit Requirements: 36
- Online MBA Program Length: 15 Months
Online MBA Concentrations
- Business Intelligence
- Engineering Management
- Healthcare Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology Management
- International Business
- International Finance
- International Supply Chain Management
- Music Business
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Project Management
- Public Administration
- Quantitative Analysis
- Sport Management
- Sustainability and Environmental Compliance
SNHU offers several online clubs and professional organizations for students. For example, online MBA students can join Delta Mu Delta, an international honor society specifically for business majors. SNHU also offers a 100% online tutoring service, career counseling services, a writing center, and academic advising.
- Total Enrollment: 104,068
- Undergrad Enrollment: 82,693
- Graduate Enrollment: 21,375
- Athletic Association: NCAA Division II (without football)
- Female: 50%
- Male: 50%
- Undergraduates: 82,693
- Graduates: 21,375
- Total Students: 104,068
Clubs and Organizations
- Delta Mu Delta
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Institute of Management Accountants
- HR Management Collegiate Association
- National Society of Leadership and Success
SNHU does not require GMAT or GRE scores, believing that all students should have access to a graduate degree. Prospective students can complete the application process online. The school offers rolling admission, which means students can apply at any point during the year and begin on the next available start date. The online MBA program features five start dates and allows students to transfer up to 12 credits toward the degree.
Online MBA Admission
- GPA: 2.75 minimum (for all online programs)
- GMAT Required for Online MBA: No
- Acceptance Rate: 91% (for all SNHU programs)
- Online MBA Application Deadline: Rolling
- Online MBA Application Fee: Through June 14, 2020, there is no application fee for online graduate programs for U.S. students.
Transfer Student Admission
- GPA: 2.75 minimum
- Maximum Transferable Credits: 12
International Student Admission
- GPA: 2.75 minimum
- TOEFL Required for Online MBA: Yes; sub scores are not considered for graduate admission
- Minimum TOEFL Test Score: 71
- Application Fee: $40
Cost & Financial Aid
SNHU offers multiple online scholarships and other financial aid resources. Currently, 75% of students at SNHU take advantage of financial aid, and many receive funding from government grants and private scholarships. SNHU also provides scholarships specifically for business majors.
- Online MBA Cost per Credit: $627
- Students Receiving Financial Aid: 75%
Net Price Calculator
Use this calculator to make an early estimate of your total annual cost of attending SNHU. It is designed to estimate costs and eligibility for financial aid.
Notable Grants and Scholarships
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) ($100-$1,000)
- Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Scholarship - Online Programs (10% tuition reduction)
- Matthew Stuart Van Kleek Scholarship (Varies)
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Southern New Hampshire University?
New Hampshire, USA
What city is Southern New Hampshire University in?
Manchester, New Hampshire
What division is Southern New Hampshire University?
Southern New Hampshire University is an NCAA Division II school.
How much is Southern New Hampshire University?
Undergraduate degrees cost $320 per credit hour at SNHU. Graduate degrees cost $627 per credit hour.
Search Programs by Concentration
View schools and degrees from across the country.
Find the right program to advance your career.