Northeastern University Online MBA Program Info
Updated June 2, 2022 | OnlineMBA.com Staff
Are you ready to discover your MBA program?
A prestigious private college based in Boston, Massachusetts, Northeastern was founded in 1898. Today, the school serves more than 37,000 students at all academic levels across several national and international campuses.
Northeastern is well known for its emphasis on experiential learning, and nearly all students complete some type of internship or cooperative education experience. The school offers more than 4,000 experiential learning opportunities for online graduate students.
- Location: Boston, MA
- Recieving Financial Aid: 32%
- School Type: Private
- Student-To-Faculty Ratio: 14:1
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Master of Science in Commerce and Economic Development
- Master of Science in Corporate and Organizational Communication
- Master of Professional Studies in Enterprise Intelligence
Northeastern boasts prominent alumni in many professional fields, such as business, entertainment, and sports. Northeastern's strong law school has also produced several notable politicians. Notable alumni include U.S. Senator Maggie Hassan; TV host Wendy Williams; and Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey.
About Boston, MA
Northeastern's urban campus sits in the heart of Boston, straddling the Fenway, South End, Roxbury, and Back Bay neighborhoods. The college is home to some of the country's top research facilities, and the Boston area offers a wide array of professional opportunities for students and graduates. Boston is well known for its high concentration of colleges and universities, and the city features strong industries in business, education, healthcare, finance, and biotechnology.
Northeastern's D’Amore-McKim School of Business offers a fully online MBA catering to working students. The degree requires no campus visits, but students can participate in domestic and international business residency courses. Northeastern's MBA emphasizes the value of students' professional experience, and the program requires no GRE or GMAT scores for application.
- Graduation Rate: 85%
- Rate: 97%
- Format: 100% online
- Style: Synchronous and asynchronous
Online MBA Facts
- Online MBA Programmatic Accreditation: AACSB
- Online MBA Credit Requirements: 50 credits
- Online MBA Program Length: 2 years
Online MBA Concentrations
As a nationally renowned institution of higher education, Northeastern offers an active campus community with many clubs and organizations. Students can also participate in community service and social justice activities, along with an active Greek scene. The school's Center for Student Involvement hosts the Graduate Leadership Institute, which enables graduate students to network while developing leadership skills that translate across many professional fields.
- Total Enrollment: 37,779"
- Undergrad Enrollment: 20,400
- Graduate Enrollment: 17,379
- Athletic Association: NCAA Division I
- Female: 52%
- Male: 48%
- Undergraduates: 20,400
- Graduates: 17,379
- Total Students: 37,779
Clubs and Organizations
- Student Government Association (on campus)
- Entrepreneurs/Innovators Club (on campus)
- IDEA Venture Accelerator (on campus)
- International Relations Council (on campus)
- Progressive Student Alliance (on campus)
Northeastern's MBA requires applicants to hold current employment and at least five years of professional experience. Successful applicants should be experienced in financial and budgetary responsibility, management of staff, and leadership of work teams. Applicants who do not meet these requirements but hold nearly five years of professional experience can strengthen their application with supplementary materials, such as GMAT scores, professional certifications, and other indicators of experience.
Online MBA Admission
- GPA: 3.0 minimum
- GMAT Required for Online MBA: No
- Acceptance Rate: 19% (all Northeastern programs)
- Online MBA Application Deadline: Rolling
- Online MBA Application Fee: $100
Transfer Student Admission
- GPA: 3.0 minimum
- Maximum Transferable Credits: 9 credits
International Student Admission
- GPA: 3.0 minimum
- TOEFL Required for Online MBA: Yes
- Minimum TOEFL Test Score: 100
- Application Fee: $100
Cost & Financial Aid
Tuition for Northeastern's online MBA totals $82,000 before fees. Around 6% of MBA candidates receive financial aid, with an average of $4,700 in institutional aid awarded. Northeastern students can also apply for a variety of scholarships, assistantships, work awards, and loans. Northeastern offers several scholarships for graduate students, including the Graduate Dean's Scholarship, Diversity Fellowship, and Martin Luther King Jr. Graduate Fellowship.
- Online MBA Cost: $82,000 total
- Students Receiving Financial Aid: 6%
Net Price Calculator
Use this calculator to make an early estimate of your total annual cost of attending Northeastern. It is designed to estimate costs and eligibility for financial aid.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Northeastern University?
Northeastern is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
What is Northeastern University known for?
Northeastern is known for its emphasis on experiential and co-op learning, along with strong programs in business and law.
How hard is it to get into Northeastern University?
Northeastern features an acceptance rate of 19%.
How big is Northeastern University?
Northeastern hosts a large student body, with a total of enrollment of more than 37,000 across all campuses and online programs.
Search Programs by Concentration
View schools and degrees from across the country.
Find the right program to advance your career.