University of Washington Online MBAs
| OnlineMBA.com Staff Modified on June 3, 2022
Are you ready to discover your MBA program?
University of Washington was founded in 1861. The school now enrolls more than 50,000 students across its three campuses, including its 703-acre main Seattle campus. This premier research university boasts a world-renowned faculty and confers over 12,000 degrees every year across all levels. UW also hosts one of the country's best medical and computer science and engineering schools.
- Location" icon:"custom/location: Seattle, WA
- Undergraduate Students Receiving Financial Aid: 40%
- School Type: Public
- Student-To-Faculty Ratio: 19:1
- Student Population: 47,400
- Master of Business Administration
- MS in Computational Linguistics
- Master of Infrastructure Planning and Management
- MS in Applied Mathematics
- Master of Aerospace Engineering
UW graduates have made significant contributions to many different fields. Attorney and philanthropist William Gates Sr.; Yoshihiko Miyauchi, the senior chairman of ORIX Corp; and children's author Beverly Cleary are just a few of the university's well-known alumni.
About Seattle, WA
Seattle offers many diverse arts and sciences experiences. The city's food and entertainment scene provides lively options for learners to step away from their studies. The main campus is also located within one of the largest forested regions in the world, providing enrollees with countless trails and preserves to explore.
UW offers online and on-campus MBA programs. Both programs span approximately two years, while online learners get summers off. In the online program, enrollees must participate in a 3.5-day on-campus residency every quarter. Though neither MBA format offers formal concentrations, MBA learners can customize their programs through electives on topics like entrepreneurship, negotiations, and product management.
- Undergraduate Graduation Rate: 67%
- Undergraduate Retention Rate: 94%
- Format: Hybrid
- Instruction Style: Synchronous and asynchronous
Online MBA Facts
- Online MBA Programmatic Accreditation: AACSB
- Online MBA Credit Requirements: 62 credits
- Online MBA Program Length: 2 years
Online MBA Elective Tracks
- Product Management
- Leading Organizational Change
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Students at UW enjoy access to more than 1,000 student groups and organizations, and nearly 5,000 enrollees participate in Greek life. In addition to general clubs and groups, online MBA students can join business- and graduate-specific clubs. Participants can choose organizations based on their profession, desired career, or educational interests.
- Total Enrollment: 47,400
- Undergrad Enrollment: 32,099
- Graduate Enrollment: 15,301
- Athletic Association: NCAA Division I
- Female: 53%
- Male: 47%
- Undergraduates: 32,099
- Graduates: 15,301
- Total Students: 47,400
Clubs and Organizations
- MBA Association
- Foster Consulting Society
- Foster Diversity in Business club
- Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Club
- Foster Finance Society
Applicants to the online MBA need a bachelor's degree and at least three years of professional experience. They also need to submit GRE or GMAT scores, two essays, and three professional recommendations. The admissions department evaluates applicants on their work experience, academic proficiency, and communication skills. UW prefers candidates who demonstrate leadership skills and represent diverse experiences, backgrounds, and career goals.
Online MBA Admission
- GPA:3.0 minimum
- GMAT Required for Online MBA:Yes
- Online MBA Acceptance Rate:37%
- Online MBA Application Deadline:Round 1: February 5 | Round 2: April 22 | Round 3: July 1
- Online MBA Application Fee:$85
Transfer Student Admission
- GPA:3.0 minimum
- Maximum Transferable Credits:6 quarter credits via petition
International Student Admission
- GPA:3.0 minimum
- TOEFL Required for Online MBA:Yes (if native language is not English)
- Application Fee:$85
Cost & Financial Aid
To help cover the costs of their online MBA, UW students can apply for federal financial aid, employer assistance funds, private loans, and third-party scholarships. While MBA students do not qualify for need-based scholarships, students enrolled full time and taking courses on campus may qualify for merit-based scholarships. They can also pursue the business school's fellowship programs to help build experience while funding their degrees.
- Online MBA Cost per Quarter: $13,000
- Students Receiving Financial Aid: 60%
Net Price Calculator
Use this calculator to make an early estimate of your total annual cost of attending UW. It is designed to estimate costs and eligibility for financial aid.
Notable Grants and Scholarships
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the University of Washington?
The University of Washington is located in Seattle, Washington.
What is the University of Washington known for?
The University of Washington is a leading research university known for its world-class library system, one of the top computer science programs in the country, and a nationally ranked medical school.
When was the University of Washington founded?
The University of Washington was founded in 1861.
How many students attend the University of Washington?
A total of 47,400 students attend the University of Washington in Seattle.
Search Programs by Concentration
View schools and degrees from across the country.
Find the right program to advance your career.